The new Keurig Vue V700 is the latest in coffee brewing technology. The old school coffee maker with no controls or way to vary the way the coffee is made has been taken over by the high tech Keurig Vue V700 coffeemaker. We have come a long way but is the ability to make a better more varied cup of coffee worth the extra money?
What can the Keurig Vue do better than the old Keurig?
- Stronger Coffee – This is a significant step forward. The older k cup brewers pretty much used the same brew cycle for everything. You could vary the size of the cup, but that was about it. The Keurig Vue adjusts the water pressure, timing, and airflow depending on how strong you like your coffee. For a strong coffee, the Keurig V700 uses a “pulse” brew, which takes longer but makes a fuller cup of coffee.
- Bigger Coffee – The Vue gives you even more options, allowing you to brew anywhere from 4 oz. all the way to 18 oz. We were a little skeptical about this since even a 12 oz. drop in the older k cup machines resulted in a weak cup of coffee. However, the pulse brewing available in this machine makes the larger drop settings possible, without sacrificing coffee strength too much.
- Hotter Beverages – The older Keurig machines maxed out at 192 degrees. This newest addition to the Keurig lineup can brew up to 197 degrees. While this may not seem like a lot, 5 degrees makes a significant difference in the quality of brewed coffees. An optimal brewing temperature is around 200 degrees, so the Keurig V700 takes a significant step forwards.
- Specialty Coffees – This new Keurig machine will allow you to make specialty coffees, like lattes and cappucinos. For these types of drink, the Vue uses a 2-staged process, one with the milk or “frother” cup and one with a coffee cup. This is a process common to the Nescafe Dolce Gusto and Tassimo, but is a first for Keurig.
- Environmentally Friendly – One of the common complaints about the Keurig brewing system is that the k cups could not be recycled. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters tried to address this with the new Vue packs. The coffee and filter assembly is now detachable from the #5 plastic cup. This allows the waste to be discarded and the plastic recycled. We applaud this attempt to address a long-standing defect in the k cup technology; however, it is a bit of a hassle to separate the filter from the cup. We wish Green Mountain could make this even easier.
At Amazon they are giving it good reviews.
The specs of ‘Keurig Vue V700 Gourmet Single-Cup Home Brewing System’ are:
- Product Dimensions: 16.5x16x14 inches
- Shipping Weight: 16.2 pounds
Here are some REAL customer reviews:
“WOW, I love the VUE…it is new, is it right for you?”
“*UPDATE: After a full weekend of putting this beast through its paces, I have to say, it’s fantastic. I did all kinds of brewing, comparing it to my office Keurig and it is undeniably slick, fun to use and flexible. I love the lighted reservoir that lets…Read more
“Overall a nice machine.”
“I got the Vue about 1 week ago from BB&B for $199 (look for the 20% off coupon) and I love the machine. The noise described by some reviewers isn’t an issue to me since my old coffee pot was just as loud and it is only on for at most 45 seconds when you…Read more
“A Story of the Old (Keurig) Vs the New (Vue)”
“I had my trusty Keurig B60 for 5 years. Never had a problem – though I’d heard it didn’t work so well for other people. I generally drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning, though during winter I might have 2-3 throughout the day. I love STRONG coffee and…Read more
Get Keurig Vue V700 Gourmet Single-Cup Home Brewing System at the best price available today.
Category: Coffee Maker